Monday, September 06, 2004

In Memory ~Cole Roger Todd 1974-2004

Recently my family and I lost a very close friend, Cole was married to my
wife's cousin. He was an awesome man. Cole was a family man, he loved his
family more then anything. He has two beutiful children and he was the
ultimate Dad. From the first time I met him I just loved being around him. I
actually look up to Cole and try to model my family life after his. Cole was
my son's God Father and I was proud to know that if need be he would be
there for AJ. Cole was the go to guy, he always helped his friends when he
could. I never once heard anyone say a bad thing about Cole.

He lost his life at a young age of 30. He had a big heart to back up a big smile.
Cole was with his buddies celabrating his friend's up and coming marriage.
Cole being the outstanding person he was decide to be the "DD". I know from
past exciperance that Cole will not drink if he has to drive. As he and a
buddy were crossing the street they were hit by a car. Cole's buddy broke
his leg and Cole unfourtaintly sestained sever head trama. Cole past later
that day in the hospital.

This hits me rather hard. I am a half a world away and feel helpless. I can
not be there for my family or his family. They were very close to my wife
and I. Cole's wife and Reba grew up together. Cole and I were very much
alike. We loved family, we were huge sport fans, and only wanted the best
out of life. If it were not for Cole and his wife, my wife and I would not
have been married when we were. They were always there for us. Our two
family's always had such a good time together. I am so sorry for their loss.
I can not say this enough but Cole Todd was just an awsome man. I want his
family to know that Reba and I are just a phone call away. Whatever they
need we are here for them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tragic_Saturn said...

Hi there. I know it sounds pretty lame, but I'm sorry that you're good friend died while you were away from home. I wish there was something I could do to help you out. Take Care.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please accept my condolences on the loss of Cole. Sounds like he was a wonderful friend to all.
I've just discovered these blogs and I want to thank all of you guys and gals who are doing a great job for such little pay. I'm just a middle aged woman, who has a son-in-law stationed in Pearl Harbor. My daughter is former full-time Navy and is a reservist right now on the same Naval base. Keep up the good work.......I'm proud of all our sailors and soldiers!

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home