Saturday, August 21, 2004

Just Wanted To Say

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to write a little update. We are about half way through our
deployment. We haven't seen a whole lot of ports. Just about 4, all of them
were working ports. There was Hawaii, Bahrain, Oman, and Africa. We dropped
off our Marines. Guarded some oil wells, and boarded and inspected ships.
All in all no trouble from anyone.

It's been really hot most of the time. I figure that San Diego 70 degree weather will feel like the Northern Michigan in January by time I get back. To tell you the truth it's not what I thought it would be. I knew it was going to suck being away for so long, but it is way beyond "suck". I will definetly get out as soon as they will let me.

I have been taking college courses, working on my associates. We watch a lot
of movies, stand a lot of watches, play a lot of cards. No one wants to play
euchre, its all about Texas hold'em and spades. The food sucks, although it
does beat Mickey D's, but not by much. I cant wait to be home. I never thought
I'd say it, but I really miss Saginaw. I think just being home will be the
best Christmas ever. Well feel free to write. Talk to you all soon. Tell
everyone I don't have an e-mail address for, I said Hi.

Love ya,
Trav

3 Comments:

Blogger Black coffee & a smoke... said...

Hi Trav...Glad you posted again. And yes, San Diego, where I am, surely will feel as though it's freezing to you. It seems that's there's an El Nino somewhere out in the Pacific. If it brings rain, that's good. Put out some of the wildfires. You won't believe how San Diego's skyline has changed. Here's a hint for you guys who like baseball: Now that the new ballpark is up and running at the foot of 8th Ave, and parking is not only hard to find, but expensive when you do, just go park under the convention center. People don't realize that's as public a parking area as anything else in town. Only problem is if there's a huge conv in town. Otherwise it's wide open for anybody and you can just walk across Harbor Drive to the ballpark. :)))

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trav, I really appreciate all that you and your fellow seamen are doing for us, here back in the States. I would like to buy each of you a beer, I will make a point to keep that in mind each time I see a sailor...Good Luck and Best wishes for a safe return to your family... A Seaman's daughter

11:13 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Hey Trav not sure where you are currently but I wanted to thank you and all your crew for everything your doing. Hey the Lions made it 2 in a row until Philly.
Saw also that you are from Saginaw Also. Safe Journey Home.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home